If you want to learn more about how to build a weight bench you have to take a close look over the free plans in the article. I have designed this sturdy weight bench, so you can exercise at home. This bench is built entirely from lumber, so you can keep the costs down and so you can assemble it in just a few hours. More furniture projects HERE.
If you want to get the job done in a professional manner, we recommend you to plan everything with attention, as to prevent costly mistakes and to build a professional garden bench. Invest in high quality materials, such as cedar, pine or redwood, as the bench will be exposed to all kinds of weather. Apply a few coats of paint over the components, to enhance their appearance and to protect them from bad weather.
Wooden Weight Bench – Free DIY Plans
- 1 – 3 pieces of 2×6 lumber – 16″ long, 2 pieces of 2×8 lumber – 13 1/2″ long 2xEND
- 2 – 2 pieces of 2×8 lumber – 48″ long SIDE SUPPORTS
- 3 – 2 pieces of 2×6 lumber – 34 1/2″ long, 1 piece of 1×6 lumber – 19 1/2″ long VERTICAL SUPPORTS
- 4 – 3 pieces of 2×6 lumber – 48″ long SEAT
- 2 pieces of 2×6 lumber – 8′
- 3 pieces of 2×8 lumber – 8′
- 3 pieces of 2×6 lumber – 6′
- 1 piece of 1×6 lumber – 2′
- 2 1/2″ screws, 1 5/8″ screws
- wood glue, stain/paint
- One day
I recommend you to check if the components are locked into place properly and structure is rigid enough for your garden. Make sure there are no protruding screws or sharp edges. Fill the holes with wood putty and then smooth the surface with sandpaper. Apply a few coats of paint or stain to protect the components from decay. You can adjust the size of the weight bench so it suits your needs.
PRO TIP: Apply several coats of paint or stain over the components, in order to protect them from decay. Check out the rest of the project to learn more about building garden projects.
This diy project was about weight bench plans. If you have enjoyed the free project, we recommend you to share it with your friends, by using the social media widgets.