If you want to learn more about how to build a wooden porch swing bench you have to take a close look over the free plans in the article. I have designed this super simple to build a porch swing with a classical appearance, so you can add value to your backyard life. This porch swing bench is sturdy and it is highly comfortable. You can make small adjustments to fit a center console. More furniture plans HERE.
If you want to get the job done in a professional manner, we recommend you to plan everything with attention, as to prevent costly mistakes and to build a professional garden bench. Invest in high quality materials, such as cedar, pine or redwood, as the structure will be exposed to all kinds of weather. Apply a few coats of paint over the components, to enhance their appearance and to protect them from bad weather.
Porch Swing Plans – Free DIY Plans
- 1 – 4 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 24″ long FRAME
- 2 – 4 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 20 3/4″ long FRAME
- 3 – 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 60″ long SUPPORTS
- 4 – 1 piece of 2×2 lumber – 60″ long SUPPORT
- 5 – 29 pieces of 1×2 lumber – 60″ long SLATS
- 6 – 8 pieces of 1×2 lumber – 11″ long, 2 pieces of 1×3 lumber – 21″ long ARMRESTS
- 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 8′
- 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 6′
- 1 piece of 2×2 lumber – 6′
- 31 pieces of 1×2 lumber – 6′
- 2 1/2″ screws
- 1 5/8″ screws
- wood glue, stain/paint
- hanging kit
- One day
I recommend you to check if the components are locked into place properly and structure is rigid enough. Make sure there are no protruding screws or sharp edges. Fill the holes with wood putty and then smooth the surface with sandpaper. Install the chain, the eye hooks and the hangers.
PRO TIP: Apply several coats of paint or stain over the components, in order to protect them from decay. Check out the rest of the project to learn more about building garden projects.